Be part UCM's vibrant church community!
UCM is looking for:
The Youth Director oversees the discipleship, leadership development, outreach and administration of the ministries involving 7th-12th grade students at Union Church of Manila. The Youth Director reports to the Associate Pastor of Discipleship and works with the Children’s Director and Young Adults Director in the process and progress of helping our children, youth and young adults increasingly know, love and pursue God. Youth Ministries falls under the Age and Stage Committee’s area of oversight by the Church Council.
Our Youth Director will have the ability to envision and develop ministry programs for the youth and possess strong organizational and relational skills. Our Youth Director must have the call, drive and commitment to lead the youth ministry, the ability to relate well to people of all ages and nationalities, and a personal faith in Jesus Christ that sets a faithful example. Our Youth Director will be a team player and a leader – a person of integrity, accountability and rich Christian spirituality, up to the task of leading a diverse student ministry.
The candidate will possess the minimum of a bachelor’s degree in any discipline and 3 years youth ministry experience.
Areas of Responsibility: (with approximate percentage of time spent on each area)
1. Nurtures teens’ relationships with God, emphasizing a personal walk with God
2. Coordinates spiritual learning from church to home, involving parents and partnering with them in discipleship
3. Prepares curriculum for the youth on Sunday mornings
4. Instills within the youth a knowledge of and obedience to God’s Word
5. Cultivates a life of prayer in the youth, praying with and for them
6. Leads students in worship of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
7. Integrates youth into the worshiping life of the larger church
8. Partners with youth in serving others in Christ’s name (ex. The impoverished, imprisoned, or underprivileged)
1. Develops and equips a core group of adult volunteers and intern(s) who provide Christian leadership to the youth
2. Intentionally provides for the training of teachers; building relationships and camaraderie
3. Develops and enables youth leaders to assume roles of leadership within Youth Ministries
4. Facilitates and encourages the service of youth in Children’s Ministries
1. Outreach and Evangelism – proactively reaches out to international (expat (transient / foreigners) and local) youth, connecting them to Christ (reach out to the transient population).
2. Inreach – engages youth (expat (?) and local) of the UCM community both inside and outside of the program
1. Develops vision and strategies for the ongoing effectiveness of the Youth Ministry
2. Effectively communicates the purpose and activities of the youth group through relationships and media (announcements, networking, web site, email groups, etc.)
3. Prepares and manages the annual budget in a manner consistent with both the Church’s and the Youth Ministry’s Vision and Goals, in consultation with the Associate Pastor and Age & Stage Council Member.
4. Meets regularly for supervision with Associate Pastor, submitting monthly reports detailing the past month’s achievements, challenges and prayer requests, and the calendar for the upcoming three months and major events for the upcoming year.
5. Partners with Age and Stage ministries and others as appropriate; attends Ministry Team and Age & Stage meetings.
6. Evaluates events and programs regularly to see if they need changes or if anything needs to be added or cut.
7. Attends to the safety and security of youth during UCM activities.
To apply, please submit both cover letter and resume to Pastor Noah Kennedy: email@example.com